- Date: Sunday, February 16, 2014
- Pick One of Two Sessions:
- 10 am – 12:00 pm or
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- Ages: Children ages 6-16
- Price: $10 per child ingredients donation. (Also, please bring non-perishable food items for Ronald McDonald House Pantry).
- Event Address:
- The Ronald McDonald House of Long Island
- 267-07 76th Avenue, New Hyde Park, NY 11040
- LilChefs.com Phone: 516-338-0552
Description: Come crack some eggs, sift some flour, and mix up some patriotic treats for the families staying at The Ronald McDonald House of Long Island. Volunteer bakers from ages 6-16 will feel proud to whip up some delicious desserts that will put a smile on the faces of children undergoing medical treatments. Workshops will start off with a tour of this gorgeous house that was recently renovated by a team of interior designers, and then end with a 90-minute baking session led by Chef Paula.
February 17th is President’s Day, so let’s create some goodies fit for a President. How about some chewy cherry bars in honor of George Washington? If you have a patriotic dessert recipe or a great idea for one, please email us, and maybe we’ll feature it. Advance payment and registration required. For more information call or email Chef Paula today. Space for this baking workshop is limited.